Hotmail, one of the first webmail services on the Internet was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. Commercially, on July 4, 1996, it was launched, and within a year, it had more than 8.5 million subscribers. Initially, only 2 MB of free storage was provided. On December 1997, it was bought by Microsoft for about $400 million. Then by 1999, it had more than 30 million active subscribers. In 2000, a project to move Hotmail into Windows was started. On July 2012, Hotmail was transited into Outlook. Its active users were more than 400 million by 2013. So, now every Hotmail account has been transferred into Outlook account or Live account. Hotmail login has also been providing the service as an Office 365. So, Hotmail login account means to get logged in Outlook or Live Mail.
We have already described logging into a Live account. So, simply visit our Live page article. For your simplicity, we have described below how to get a login to Live webmail. Hotmail, Outlook, Live and Office 365 are similar. If you go to the sign in page of Hotmail, it will redirect you to the live login page. So, it is better to go directly to the Live webmail login page as described below:
How to Hotmail Login
To log in to Hotmail, just go to the address given above. i.e. http://www.live.com/. Now, enter your Username. That can be your email address, phone number or Skype name. Then, enter your password. Check the box keep me signed in only if you are using your personal computer. Then, Click the sign in to get the access top your account. Your password must match with your username. So, take care while entering your password.
How to reset Hotmail login password
If you have forgotten your password and can’t get access to your account then, here are the simple steps you can go through to reset your password.
- Click on the Forgot my password. This is the login page just below the password entry section. You can take a look at the figure above.
- Now you will be directed to password reset page.
- Choose I forgot my password as shown in the figure above.
- Click Next.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter the code seen in the image correctly.
- Click Next.
- Now, you have to choose either your email address or mobile number to get your security code.
- For email address, you will be provided with your security code by an email.
- For a mobile number, you will receive your own safety code through SMS.
- Then, Click on the send code.
- You will receive your security code as per your options.
- Now, you have to enter this code to reset your password.
- Then, enter your new password which you can remember.
- Finally, confirm, and your password will be reset.
- Now, you can log in to account with your new password.
If you have any query regarding it, then, you can comment below in the box. We will try our best to resolve your issue in regards to Hotmail login.