In this article, we will provide you the instructions on how to delete your Spotify account. You don’t have any option in mobile apps to delete your account. Similarly, the previously available account deletion links on the webpage are no longer available. Now, you must contact Spotify Support and send them an account deletion request via email.
How to delete Spotify account?
Please follow the step by step procedure to delete your Spotify account.
- First, open up your Spotify account. For this, go to the Spotify homepage.
- Enter your username.
- Enter your correct password.
- Then, visit Spotify’s contact form.
- From the category, click on Account.
- Then, a new web page will open with various topics as shown in the figure.
- Click on the I want to close my Spotify account permanently.
- Click on the green I still need help button which is at the bottom.
- Now, type the reason why you want to close your Spotify account in the blank space.
- Click the Send Question button to send your query to Spotify in the form of an email message using your email address on file.
- Then, you will receive the auto response directing back you to the Spotify community.
- Just reply directly to that email with a request to delete your account and your message will reach one of Spotify’s human agents, who will take it from there.
- You have to keep on following the email where you may have to give some information necessary to confirm your identity, like your date of birth. It might be a good idea to whitelist spotify.com so that emails from support staff don’t get classed as spam.
- After some days, Spotify will send you an email to let you know that your account has been deleted.
- Now you can uninstall Spotify from your laptop, desktop, tablets and mobile devices.
- Once you delete your account, you won’t be able to retrieve your information associated with your account including your custom playlists and offline songs. You also won’t be able to sign up again for Spotify with the same username.
Spotify is a music, podcast, and video streaming service. It was launched on 7 Oct 2008 by startup Spotify AB in Stockholm, Sweden. It is free service. Its basic features are free with advertisements, while additional features, including improved streaming quality and offline music downloads, are offered via paid subscriptions. Spotify is available in most of Europe, most of the Americas, Australia, New Zealand and parts of Asia. It is available for most modern devices, including Windows, macOS and Linux computers, as well as iOS andAndroid smartphones and tablets. Once can create their account easily. Users can create, edit and share playlists, share tracks on social media like facebook, twitter, and make playlists with other users. Spotify provides access to over 30 million songs. As of June 2017, it has over 140 million monthly active users, and as of March 2017, it has over 50 million paying subscribers.