Netflix is an American Entertainment account. It was founded on August 29, 1997, by Reed Hasting and Marc Randolph. It provides streaming media and video on demand online. It has also expanded its service to film and television production. It is situated in Los Gatos, California. It has over 98 million subscribers worldwide in the present context. If you want to use Netflix services online then, you have to create your Netflix account first. Here, we won’t be talking about how to create a Netflix account but in fact, this article is about how to delete your Netflix account. So, those who are registered users and want to delete their Netflix account as they don’t want to use its services find this article very helpful.
Canceling a Netflix account has become very easy. During the past, it was very hard and tedious job. You can only deactivate your account but now, you can even cancel your account anytime and anywhere with a few steps. Please read the following steps and procedure to delete your account.
How to delete Netflix account?
Here are the simple steps you have to follow to cancel your Netflix account:
- First, you have to open your web browser you are using from any device you want. You can use any web browser you like Chrome, Mozilla, torch or Internet Explorer.
- Now, enter the web address netflix.com in the address bar and click the enter button.
- To cancel your account, you must first log in.
- So, enter your username first.
- Enter your password correctly.
- Remember that if your username and password don’t match, then you can’t log in your account.
- After you enter your username and password correctly, click on Log in.
- You can also log in your Netflix account through your Facebook account.
- Your account will open if your username and password match.
- On the top right corner of your homepage, there is ‘Your Account and Help’. Click the link.
- Now, click on ‘’Cancel Membership’’ from the drop down menu. You can also simply click on this link https://movies.netflix.com/CancelPlan if you’re already logged in.
- Finally, confirm that you really want to cancel your account.
- Your account will be canceled.
- Please don’t confirm if you are not sure to delete your account.
Remember that you should use a PC or Mac (desktop/laptop) if you really want to terminate your Netflix account permanently. If you try to access the site through a mobile web browser, you will be automatically prompted to download the app, and Netflix does not allow you to cancel your membership via the mobile app.